The journey of two CFers


About Me

Hey everyone! Lauren and Alexandria are starting a CF blog about our lives with Cystic Fibrosis and how we became very close friends! :) We will be posting new posts every chance we get so keep checking in! Lauren writes in yellow and Alexandria writes in green/blue. Thank you! <3
Turn volume up at 0:38.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ever wondered?

So I'm pretty sure that everyone has at least thought about this once, well everyone with CF or any other type of illness.
Have you ever thought about what it would be like if we were born "normal?"
There's so many things that would be different in my life if I never had Cystic Fibrosis.
Here's some examples...
1.) I could be deathly afraid of needles.
2.) I would probably care more about myself than others.
3.) I would complain about having a cold.
4.) I wouldn't have to get up at 4:30 am on school days.
5.) I would think Pseudomonas, Xopenex, Pulmozyme(ect.) were all foreign words. :)
6.) I wouldn't make people wince daily when I cough.
7.) I wouldn't have to miss more than 60 days of school each year.

And the list could go on and on!!
If you really think about it, you could be thinking all day.
It's really amazing how different we are from people, but even if I am different, I would never give up the life I have.

That is unless a cure ever comes out.
Until then, I'm going to live my life the way I'm supposed to.
I'm going to live my life as a strong CFer!

5 comments:

  1. I remember getting up that early for school, I remember missing all those days of school and dealing with all the homework.

    CF is a blessing and a curse. The fact that you know that makes you wise beyond your years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i'm Gemma, 24 wcf from the UK. I found your blog through youtube, i've added it to my blog list as I love your positivity! Keep up the good work girls, so right about cf been a blessing and a curse at the same time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is completely honest and honestly I don't know if I would even take the cure if it was avaiable call me crazy but it is not only a scary experience but one that teaches me some thing new each time I under go something and I am strong because of my disease! I have come to except that it is part of who I am and although that is both frightening and strange I wouldn't change it for the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the comment about a cough without dirty looks. I am a Mom of a 5 year old CF child. Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumpled across your blog reading blogs by those touched by CF. I have 2 beautiful little nieces with CF.
    I hope that both of you live to see the cure, just like my nieces.
    Hope you update again.

    ReplyDelete